Welcome to Volume Two of my blog which covers all clubs and stadiums outside the English League System along with the wonderful people responsible for keeping them going and their maintenance.

Since I was a little lad I've been fascinated in football and more so where games are played. With my love of travel and curiosity of the game I wanted to visit as many grounds and see games wherever possible.

I was fortunate that my Dad also loved the game and spent so much of his spare time taking me to matches. As I got older the boundaries widened owing to my location and increased wages to Europe and indeed the world. The sight of a stand or a floodlight pylon in the distance immediately heightens my senses and eagerness for a closer look.

I hope this site gives you the chance to share in my pleasure and experiences and maybe one day set you on the road to adventure. If you get half as much out of the hobby as I've done, I can guarantee some great memories, good friends and stories to pass on to future generations.

Give your local club a try today. They'll be delighted to see you!

Everlasting thanks primarily to my late and very much missed and dearly loved parents; my Dad Bob Bernard and my Mum; Ann, who put up with endless years of football chat and my brothers Nick and Paul who gave me the chance and encouragement to do what I have. Thanks to all my friends who offer encouragement and Sally and Stan who inspire and give me great pride. Stan is showing a keen interest in my hobby as he grows into a young man!

Please feel free to post any comments (please use sensible language - I want everyone to be able to enjoy reading) or ask any questions relating to visiting grounds or events. If you want to see any ground reviewed please let me know. It will take quite some time for everywhere to appear, but make sure you keep having a look as the site is continually updated.

If you click on a lot of the pictures you will get a larger version on your screen.

I have also added links to video clips on YouTube where appropriate for those of you who are bored of reading or are filling in time at work. I haven't always gone for the most obvious choices, but items that will be in some cases unusual but always historically interesting.

Click here to see volume one of HAOTW for everything in the English League System.

Rob Bernard

London

May 2020

Monday 10 February 2014

SC Oranje Zwart Helmond (Holland)


SC Oranje Zwart Helmond, or Sportclub Oranje Zwart Helmond was an amateur football club from the small city of Helmond in the south east of The Netherlands. The club were formed on August 1st 1970, joining regional Sunday football before closing down in October 2018.

The club initially played on one of the pitches at De Warande, a large park in the north west of the town before securing their own Sportpark Dierdonk before the land was required for local development.


Relocated at Sportpark de Braak in 2010-11 the club found themselves playing in Zesde 6E klasse D in the West 2 region of Dutch football, finishing bottom of the table in 2011-12. The club would undergo a huge transformation, which would eventually cost them.

Transferred to klasse C, the team waltzed to the league title before finishing as runners-up in Vijfde 5E Klasse E in 2013-14 to win a successive promotion. The Vierde 4E Klasse F title was won at the first attempt in 2014-15


The momentum continued with Oranje Zwart finishing as runners-up of Derde 3E klasse C in 2015-16 to make it four promotions in four seasons. Their reward was promotion to the seventh tier Tweede 2E klasse H which ended in a lowly finish and relegation.

Debts had been accrued to the Dutch FA, KNVB and local authorities as the side ended 2017-18 in eighth place 3E klasse C. Despite appeals and some repayments the club folded in October 2018.


My visit

Tuesday 21st January 2014


My visit to see the stadium of Helmond Sport was paying dividends. I noted that the Stadion De Braak had other pitches around it from my research on Google Maps, but I presumed that they were just training pitches for the club. However, I was pleasantly surprised to see that at least a couple were homes to other amateur outfits.


I’d already come across SC Helmondia and the main stadium and was heading back to the railway station, when I found the final pitch at the Sportpark De Braak complex.


The grass pitch was railed and had hard standing down the side, where the changing rooms and clubhouse were also located. A sign on the outside of the building revealed it was the home of Oranje Zwart, which translated is orange and black to reveal the clubs colours.


Most satisfied with my visit I decided to try and take a short cut and maybe see the city centre. Instead I found lots of newish low cost identical housing in what to be honest, was a pretty uninspiring place.






No comments:

Post a Comment