Welcome to Volume Two of my blog which covers all clubs and stadiums outside the English League System along with the wonderful people responsible for keeping them going and their maintenance.

Since I was a little lad I've been fascinated in football and more so where games are played. With my love of travel and curiosity of the game I wanted to visit as many grounds and see games wherever possible.

I was fortunate that my Dad also loved the game and spent so much of his spare time taking me to matches. As I got older the boundaries widened owing to my location and increased wages to Europe and indeed the world. The sight of a stand or a floodlight pylon in the distance immediately heightens my senses and eagerness for a closer look.

I hope this site gives you the chance to share in my pleasure and experiences and maybe one day set you on the road to adventure. If you get half as much out of the hobby as I've done, I can guarantee some great memories, good friends and stories to pass on to future generations.

Give your local club a try today. They'll be delighted to see you!

Everlasting thanks primarily to my late and very much missed and dearly loved parents; my Dad Bob Bernard and my Mum; Ann, who put up with endless years of football chat and my brothers Nick and Paul who gave me the chance and encouragement to do what I have. Thanks to all my friends who offer encouragement and Sally and Stan who inspire and give me great pride. Stan is showing a keen interest in my hobby as he grows into a young man!

Please feel free to post any comments (please use sensible language - I want everyone to be able to enjoy reading) or ask any questions relating to visiting grounds or events. If you want to see any ground reviewed please let me know. It will take quite some time for everywhere to appear, but make sure you keep having a look as the site is continually updated.

If you click on a lot of the pictures you will get a larger version on your screen.

I have also added links to video clips on YouTube where appropriate for those of you who are bored of reading or are filling in time at work. I haven't always gone for the most obvious choices, but items that will be in some cases unusual but always historically interesting.

Click here to see volume one of HAOTW for everything in the English League System.

Rob Bernard

London

May 2020

Monday 7 September 2015

Spvgg Feuerbach 1883 eV (Germany)


Sportvereinigung Feuerbach 1883 e. V. to give the club their full title, is an amateur football club based in the German city of Stuttgart. The football section is one of twenty different sporting sections at a club with over 6,000 members.


The club has a long and interesting history.


FC Viktoria Feuerbach was formed on the 8th November 1898. They merged with FVgg Stern-Germania Feuerbach in October 1919 to become SV 1898 Feuerbach.



In 1933 the club became members of the Gauliga Württemberg, one of sixteen leagues in the country along with Stuttgarter Kickers and VfB Stuttgart. The club were relegated in 1935-36, but fought back to win promotion back to the Gauliga for the 1938-39 campaign.


Feuerbach's spell lasted just twelve months before dropping back down to the regional Bezirksligen before winning back their status at the first attempt.The final season of the competition saw the teams split into three groups, where Feuerbach won Staffel 2.


On the 30th November 1946 several other clubs came under the clubs banner; while the football team played in Württemberg Landesliga, the highest amateur level until they were relegated in 1954-55.


Following the introduction of the Bundesliga in 1964 Der Roter Teufel; the Red Devil, progressed to the fourth tier Viertklassigkeit. However they had a brief return to the Amateurliga Nordwürttemberg in 1967



The 2007-08 campaign saw Feuerbach relegated from the seventh national level Landesliga Staffel II in bottom place to the Bezirksliga where they consolidated for a couple of seasons before producing a fourth place finish in 2010-11.

There then followed two seasons towards the relegation zone which was improved upon in 2013-14. Twelve months later Feuerbach found themselves in the relegation play-off in which they defeated Spvgg Cannstatt to retain their status.


The next two seasons saw a slight improvement prior to 2017-18 when another close call with the drop was averted. Fifth place through the goals of Amir Limani and Michael Müller saw a marked improvement in 2018-19 for the side coached by Rocco Cesarano.

Feuerbach were once again in fifth when the 2019-20 season was halted owing to the Coronavirus after Erdinc Bozoglu had finished top scorer for the team. 

Spvgg Feuerbach 1883 will play in the Bezirksliga 
Württemberg in the 2020-21 season.


My visit

Sunday 16th August 2015

After arriving in Stuttgart at least a day later than I had originally planned, I had a few hours to kill before my double header match action in the afternoon. Not one wishing to leave stone unturned I decided to visit some local clubs. I had no idea of the standard of grounds I would come across.

The weather was worse than I expected when I left the hotel, but I convinced myself that I’d be fine. I made my way to Wilhelmsplatz in the centre of Bad Canstatt and caught the U13 U Bahn tram service to Sportpark Feuerbach and within yards of alighting I was outside the fine clubhouse at the Wilhelm-Braun-Sportpark.



The park had lots of indoor sports facilities as well as several grass pitches and one clay surface with railings around it and dug outs. There was a hard standing path around the pitch. There were only basic facilities around the other pitches.

However, it would appear on my return home that I missed the main pitch inside the stadium which was surrounded by a running track with a few steps of terracing down one side. I will be visiting Stuttgart again in the future and will put my slight error right!



I went back to the tram stop and took a ride to Feuerbach rail station and took the S Bahn to Alexanderstrasse in the town centre to change for a U Bahn service towards Untertürkheim.






No comments:

Post a Comment