Ground: Sportanlage im Bruckwiesenweg
Capacity: 2,000
Club Founded: 1909
League: Kreisliga C Stuttgart/Böblingen - 11th Tier (current level)
Like many clubs playing amateur regional football in Germany, SG 07 Untertürkheim of Stuttgart has endured many ups and downs while providing its local community a place to gather and play the game.
Club Background
Untertürkheim's origins can be traced to 1907, when Viktoria 07 Untertürkheim was founded by Otto Felber, Karl Merz, and Hermann Huttenlocher. Within two years, the club was dissolved, and the football section continued under the name Turnerbund Untertürkheim.
In 1924, the first team won the district title and was promoted to the Kreisliga. The Victoria name returned before the club became Sportvereinigung 07 Untertürkheim in 1933. Following the end of World War II, SG 07 were placed in the Württemberg Oberliga, while many other of the clubs' sporting sections flourished.
A slight name change to Sportgemeinschaft 07 Untertürkheim followed, while the club continued to offer its members teams to play for. 2007 saw the club celebrate its centenary and its fiftieth anniversary at their Bruckwiesenweg home.
The team compete in Bezirksliga Stuttgart, finishing as league runners-up in 2008-09, before dropping back down to the ninth-tier Kreisliga. The 2013-14 campaign saw Untertürkheim crowned as A3 champions.
However, the jump back to the Bezirksliga proved too steep as the team was relegated after one season. A Kreisliga play-off spot against TSV Bernhausen ended in a 5-3 defeat at Bruckwiesenweg. Theo Fringelis was put in charge of the team that returned to the higher division at the end of the decade.
Alexander Erne was given the trainer's job in 2023-24, as Untertürkheim were relegated to Kreisliga A1 Stuttgart/Böblingen. The following campaign was just as bad as the side slid down to the tenth-tier Kreisliga B2, where Daniel Christ was put in charge of the team. A third successive relegation followed twelve months later.
My visit
Stadium Visit - Sunday 16th August 2015
It was an
awful Sunday morning in Stuttgart, but the weather wasn’t going to stop me from visiting some local football clubs rather than lounging around. Admittedly, I
was getting some rather strange looks in my old 1980s England shirt and no
jacket, but I was past caring.
I had
intended to see the grounds I was visiting on the previous Friday, but plans
ran array. I meant to make up for lost time. Unfortunately, although I knew SG
09 were located within a few minutes’ walk, I was struggling to suss out the
streets. The map app on my iPhone was slowly reacting, and the rain was
drenching the screen. At last, I got my bearings.
I arrived at
the Bruckwiesenweg ground to find it locked, but fortunately, there were plenty
of views inside showing the 3G pitch surrounded by a rail and hard standing. On the nearest side, a two-storey clubhouse had a smart covered balcony with accompanying
flower pots for patrons.
A car park stood between the road and the ground. While a very basic venue, it offered all the club required as well as a pitch to bring in money throughout the week.
I headed
back towards the S Bahn, only to wait for quite a while without a sign of a
train. Instead, I went downstairs and caught a tram on the U Bahn 13 service, which
took me most of the way to my next venue, Stuttgart-Munster.

No comments:
Post a Comment