Welcome to Volume Two of my blog which covers all clubs and stadiums outside the English League System along with the wonderful people responsible for keeping them going and their maintenance.

Since I was a little lad I've been fascinated in football and more so where games are played. With my love of travel and curiosity of the game I wanted to visit as many grounds and see games wherever possible.

I was fortunate that my Dad also loved the game and spent so much of his spare time taking me to matches. As I got older the boundaries widened owing to my location and increased wages to Europe and indeed the world. The sight of a stand or a floodlight pylon in the distance immediately heightens my senses and eagerness for a closer look.

I hope this site gives you the chance to share in my pleasure and experiences and maybe one day set you on the road to adventure. If you get half as much out of the hobby as I've done, I can guarantee some great memories, good friends and stories to pass on to future generations.

Give your local club a try today. They'll be delighted to see you!

Everlasting thanks primarily to my late and very much missed and dearly loved parents; my Dad Bob Bernard and my Mum; Ann, who put up with endless years of football chat and my brothers Nick and Paul who gave me the chance and encouragement to do what I have. Thanks to all my friends who offer encouragement and Sally and Stan who inspire and give me great pride. Stan is showing a keen interest in my hobby as he grows into a young man!

Please feel free to post any comments (please use sensible language - I want everyone to be able to enjoy reading) or ask any questions relating to visiting grounds or events. If you want to see any ground reviewed please let me know. It will take quite some time for everywhere to appear, but make sure you keep having a look as the site is continually updated.

If you click on a lot of the pictures you will get a larger version on your screen.

I have also added links to video clips on YouTube where appropriate for those of you who are bored of reading or are filling in time at work. I haven't always gone for the most obvious choices, but items that will be in some cases unusual but always historically interesting.

Click here to see volume one of HAOTW for everything in the English League System.

Rob Bernard

London

May 2020

Friday 15 September 2017

SV München Laim (Germany)


SV München Laim is a football club from the Laim district of Munich which was created through a merger of ESV 1910 München-Laim e.V. and SV 1963 Laim e.V. in 2009.

Both clubs had been sharing the sports facilities at Riegerhofstraße for some time before the amalgamation.


The club played in local amateur football since their formation, mainly in Kreisliga 2, the eighth level of German football.

Laim finished the 2006-07 Bezirksliga Süd Oberbayern seventh tier campaign in twelfth position before dropping down to Kreisliga 2 at the completion of the following season where the team consolidated their status.


The 2011-12 campaign saw a much improved fifth place before the team found themselves in the relegation play-offs in 2013-14 where FC Kosova München and then FC Croatia München were both defeated to secure safety with the Kosova home leg attracting a gate of 350.

The warning was heeded as Laim ended the 2014-15 campaign in fourth place before once again having to win a play-off tie to stay up. FC Teutonia München were beaten 8-1 on aggregate prior to a mid table season was put together to settle any outstanding nerves.



Laim were crowned as Kreisliga 2 champions in 2017-18 to win promotion to the Bezirksliga Süd but the jump proved to be too steep as the team was relegated in bottom place after just one season. A safe finishing position followed in the truncated 2019-20 season.

SV München Laim will play in Kreisliga 2 Süd Oberbayern in the 2017-18 season.


My visit

Thursday 15th December 2016

My day had been spent on a tour of the Dacau Concentration Camp. I was really glad that I’d been round, but I really needed a bit of light relief. I was certainly grateful that I was able to move around freely.



The S2 train was going past Laim on the way back, so I had a word with my excellent guide and jumped out rather than heading all the way back into the city. I needed some more reading glasses and a Woolworths store on Fürstenrieder Straße did the job.

It was a gloomy day, so I was trying to get a bit of a move on as I wanted to fit in at least one more venue after München Laim. I turned left down Gotthardstraße and then a further right on Riegerhofstraße to find the venue.



I was wary of my presence as the facility also contained a nursery school. I managed to get a look without causing any issues.

To be honest, the ground was very basic, with a second pitch alongside. It was neatly fenced off, but apart from the subs benches on one side of the artificial pitch, there wasn’t too much else to report. I was a bit disappointed, but that’s the gamble with such a hobby.



Not to be deterred I headed back along Gotthardstraße to Laimer Platz, where I took the short ride to Westendstraße and a visit to nearby SV München 1880.





No comments:

Post a Comment